Woodford Patient Capital Trust to raise £800m in possibly the largest ever launch size

Woodford Patient Capital has released a supplementary prospectus to allow the size of the issue to be increased to up to £800m following a positive re
[See the full post at: Woodford Patient Capital Trust to raise £800m in possibly the largest ever launch size]

I didn’t buy it because as others have said at £800m it’s no longer going to be at all easy for it be become what it set out to be, an investor in early stage companies.

If they achieve their 10%pa growth target it won’t be long before this becomes a £1.6b ‘early stage investor’, or a £2.4b fund. It is a ridiculous proposition in my view, especially as it wants to invest only in the UK market.

Oops, entered the same post in two forums.

Wasn’t aware there were two discussions on this trust.

I no know if I have got this but I apply via my broker for some shares. I really love the concept behind what Woodford are doing. For me I invest not only for profit here but also to help society.

I only wish that an option like this was available in my country to help develop small companies.