Report Card: Finsbury Growth & Income’s Nick Train promises to go on and on

Finsbury Growth and Income Trust has a strong following from retail investors attracted by its long term consistently strong returns. Charles Marshman
[See the full post at: Report Card: Finsbury Growth & Income’s Nick Train promises to go on and on]

This looks like pretty good performance to me but should I be worried that it only buys such a small number of holdings?

Does anyone else own it? I’m fairly new to investment trusts and I’d never heard of this one before though I see it’s been around for a long time.

It is a great fund @letsdoit and yet such a simple investment strategy. It’s very similar to Warren Buffett’s. It invests in well known and long established brands and keeps them forever. That’s the idea anyway but it’s not been around forever so we need to see how that works out.

I believe the first person to get to forever has agreed to let the rest of us know how it went :slight_smile:

Incidentally great report @charlesmarshman. It read like a story and good sue of graphs and illustrations.

I think this is an easy trust to own because you don’t need to be bothered about the discount, it’s always be around par or zero (if it’s ever on a discount fill yer boots), you know what you’re buying with Finsbury, global consumer brands, and you know that over time this style of investing is hard to beat.

I have owned it for some time and this article has reminded me to buy some more.

A lot of the companies he owns seem a bit expensive right now which is a bit of a worry.

I think I’ve thought of this before though and been wrong but still nothing looks cheap right now.

Nicely produced piece though @charles.