Labour former shadow pensions minister McClymont joins Aberdeen

Originally published at: http://whichinvestmenttrust.com/labour-former-shadow-pensions-minister-mcclymont-joins-aberdeen/
The respected former MP who is regarded as a consumer champion has joined as head of retirement savings. Aberdeen Asset Management, Europe’s largest listed asset management firm, has hired Gregg McClymont, the former MP for Cumbernauld, Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch, and Labour’s former pensions spokesman. Aberdeen have created a role especially for him that will see…

I would have though they would have tried to nab Steve Webb before going for his Labour shadow.

If Aberdeen are hoping to go down the lw cost pension route does that mean we shall be seeing a suite of low cost tracker funds or ETFs from them. Maybe the return of the Aberdeen USA Tracker that was switched in to that ghastly North American Income fund.

Aberdeen are a decent house overall in terms of performance and their fees aren’t outrageous, even their PE offerings are cheaper than most.

Personally, I am looking for passive, I want actively managed, for a reasonable fee and good performance across the cycle (I care not for 1-3 year numbers).