Ian Sayers Blog: Why Mark Dampier’s comments were a week too early

No-one knows the source of the phrase ‘straw man argument’. You know, when someone changes a statement into something easier to argue with but which
[See the full post at: Ian Sayers Blog: Why Mark Dampier’s comments were a week too early]

The British Assets change is an example of more mainstream move in the the investment trust world. I think what Mark Dampier is saying is nonsense. The main reason why more mainstream funds have been launched than investment trusts is because the old historic commission issue.

There’s no reason going forward why that can’t be reversed now. In fact, a lot of savers, myself included want investment trusts, and want them because they are more suited to our needs rather than the needs of the big fund management companies and platforms like Mr Dampiers.

Good point @Neilwinn. Bit of a brewhaha over the noxious Dampier claim. I’m the definition of an ordinary person investing and saving a little, but I know I want to be investing in investment trusts because by and large they just perform better.