Diversify your income in increasingly concentrated UK markets

Originally published at: https://whichinvestmenttrust.com/diversify-your-income-in-increasingly-concentrated-uk-markets/

The UK remains one of the strongest equity income paying markets in the world. It hosts a suite of multi-national corporations with long records of paying steady and rising dividends. More and more these strategies are being rewarded by investors, in part because of the thirst for yield amid record low bond yields and interest…

Like another shareholder has stated in HINT forum elsewhere on this site, the prospectus is incredibly poorly written, and quite difficult to comprehend.

Wouldn’t it be a good idea to in the very least offer a guide in plain everyday English explaining this?

I have been investing my own money for years and I found this prospectus confusing @benlofthouse.

On another point, I do agree with your view about the concentrated nature of income form the UK stock market, which is why I invest in HINT.

I haven’t read the prospectus @pauls but they describe how the C-share sale works in another article, see my link below.

I ha d never heard of a c-share before, but I think I kind of get it now…

I think @pauls’ point is that he shouldn’t need to read WhichInvestmentTrust.com for an explanation on this, and I agree with him there @sarahb.

The dividend overall on Henderson Int Income is lower than you get on UK income funds @benlofthouse. Income guys like you bang on about compounding, but why don’t you provide investors with easier to relate to examples in pounds and pence.

I’d find it really helpful to be able to see an example of a 10 year compounded div on £20k of investments. Using you div yield, what would that look like in the future. I think you would help ordinary investors to understand the benefits of funds like yours if you did this.

Obviously it would just be an illustration, no guarantees, bla, bla, bla.