Could now be the opportune time to enter Emerging Markets – JPMorgan thinks it is

Emerging market equities have performed poorly since the end of 2010, and underperformed developed markets, but now JP Morgan’s Richard Titherington h
[See the full post at: Could now be the opportune time to enter Emerging Markets – JPMorgan thinks it is]

Buy when everyone else is afraid to is the investment mantra of Buffet and many other successful investors.

Getting in fast before prices go up is important but I wonder if Ukraine might be about to provide an even better opportunity.

Both the JP Morgan funds and the Templeton ones look good to me. Fundsmith is way too expensive but I’d buy it on a discount.

I have a holding in the Utilico Emerging Markets which is great. It invests in to infrastructure.

I wasn’t aware of the JP Morgan EM Income trust but it is such a great idea though I wouldn’t buy it on a premium. It appeals to me for the same reason the Utilico one does - income and security.

If we are about to go through a growth spurt in EM though JP Morgan EM or Templeton EM is what you should go for. They both have good managers but on balance I think I’m going for the JP Morgan trust because the discount is wider and I like the higher allocation to India which i think will motor under Modi.

I agree now does seem to be a good time to buy I’m waiting until we have more visibility in Ukraine and the Middle East.

All it takes is an oil shortage for the price to spike and boom, there goes emerging markets and Asia again.