Aberdeen win best investment trust provider of the year award

At the Moneyfacts awards ceremony in London last night the group won for the third year in a row. The Moneyfacts Investment Life & Pensions awards
[See the full post at: Aberdeen win best investment trust provider of the year award]

I’m always a bit suspicious of these awards ceremonies but I think Aberdeen and Henderson are probably the top two investment trust guys no? They’re really different but both good, very good.

Yeah Aberdeen all the way for me for Asia, though First State are not too shabby there too.

Murray International is an amazing fund too, hard to beat.

So they didn’t just give it to Aberdeen because the marketing manager looks so fit! :wink:

No seriously, I love Aberdeen’s house style, which seems to work. They’ve some great funds.

My favourites would include them, Henderson, Invesco Perpetual and JP Morgan. Maybe Baillie Gifford for their Japan funds.

Aberdeen has a sort of house style which works really well. They call it GARP, or Growth at a reasonable price. I heard Bruce Stout the Murray International talk about it once though he described GARP as Growth at a Scottish price :slight_smile:

I’ve no idea who the best fund manager is but I’ve go Aberdeen New Dawn, bloody great fund. Don’t have any Henderson yet but I’m looking at the Henderson Smaller Companies trust and the Lowland one.

I have Aberdeen new Dawn too it is great. Some people on here are investment experts, I’m not and don’t claim to be (more of a magpie dears), New Dawn was one of the best ideas I got.

I have Murray International as well and I love it.