Aberdeen Latin American Income provides a decent yield but is it worth the risk?

Lunched in 2010, Aberdeen Latin American Income (LON:ALAI) aimed to help counter the risk that came with almost every income focused trust/fund at the
[See the full post at: Aberdeen Latin American Income provides a decent yield but is it worth the risk?]

An interesting article, I enjoyed reading it this morning but I wouldn’t personally invest because I think it’s better for someone looking for an income.

However, I think it will be good for my Mum. She wants an income from her investments and although I think this is higher risk than most of the things she invests in because of the currency risk, adding a little bit of this to her Drawdown pot and her ISAs aint really that risky.

Anyone else disagree with me here?

For a Drawdown plan I think putting a little in Aberdeen Latin American Income isn’t a bad idea @khalidkhan as long as you are aware of the higher risks attached to it which you are.

Too many of my friends who are retired and drawing from their drawdown plans worry needlessly about the capital return of their funds rather than the security of the income which surely far more pertinent to their disposition.

As someone who is still some way from retirement however, and despite Aberdeen’s overall good performance I would not invest here. just look at what is going on in Brazil right now with Petrobras. There are better homes for my money I think.